Celebrating the unstoppable entrepreneurs whose ambitions transform our world
Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) today announced the finalists for the Entrepreneur Of The Year? 2020 Utah Region Award. The Utah Region program celebrates entrepreneurs from Utah, Idaho, & Wyoming. Now in its 34th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program honors successful business leaders whose ambitions deliver innovation, growth and prosperity as they build and sustain groundbreaking companies that transform our world. These business leaders were selected as finalists by a panel of independent judges comprised of former winners and other leaders of the business community.
Award winners will be announced during a special virtual event on October 6, 2020 and will join the ranks of a lifelong community of esteemed Entrepreneur Of The Year alumni from around the world. This year, unstoppable entrepreneurs who have provided extraordinary support to their communities, employees and others during the COVID-19 crisis will also be recognized for their courage, resilience and ingenuity.
The 2020 Utah Region finalists are:
- Derrick Porter, CEO | Beauty Industry Group
- Ben Peterson, CEO | Blue Raven Solar
- Stephan Jacob, Founder and COO | Cotopaxi
- Davis Smith, Founder and CEO | Cotopaxi
- Chris Bowler, Co-Founder and CEO | Creminelli Fine Meats
- Cristiano Creminelli, Co-Founder and Chief Artisan | Creminelli Fine Meats
- Jared Lynch, Chief Development Officer | Creminelli Fine Meats
- Karma Newberry, Owner and President | Discovery Hydrovac
- Alex Bean, Co-Founder and CBO | Divvy
- Blake Murray, Co-Founder and CEO | Divvy
- Jeremy Glauser, Founder and CEO | eLuma, LLC
- Aaron Dalley, Co-Founder | Enso Rings
- Brighton Jones, Co-Founder | Enso Rings
- Romney Williams, CEO | Enso Rings
- Ian Acker, Founder and CEO | Fit To Recover
- Johnny Hanna, CEO | Homie
- Mike Peregrina, CFO | Homie
- Mike Trionfo, CTO | Homie
- Brock Blake, Co-Founder and CEO | Lendio
- Trent Miskin, Co-Founder and CGO | Lendio
- Michelle Luchese, Co-Founder and Co-CEO | Manly Bands
- Johnathan Ruggiero, Co-Founder and Co-CEO | Manly Bands
- Scott Gromer, CEO | Mesa Natural Gas SolutionsRyan Caldwell, Founder and CEO | MX
- Jacob Durham, Co-Founder and CEO | NOMATIC, LLC
- Jon Richards, Co-Founder | NOMATIC, LLC
- Dan Young, CEO | PC Laptops
- Lindsey Kneuven, Executive Director and Chief Impact Officer | Pluralsight One
- Stephen Wade, CEO | Stephen Wade Auto Center
- Carol Hollowell, Executive Director | Switchpoint Community Resource Center
- Brad Bonham, CEO | Walker Edison
- Matt Davis, President and COO | Walker Edison
- David Arnold, Co-Founder and CEO | Wavetronix, LLC
- Michael Jensen, Co-Founder | Wavetronix, LLC
- Nate Thatcher, Co-Founder and CEO | Xima Software
- Erin Bradley, Founder and CEO | ZYIA Active
Entrepreneur Of The Year is one of the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies. Finalists were evaluated based on six criteria, including overcoming adversity; financial performance; societal impact and commitment to building a values-based company; innovation; and talent management. Since its launch, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries throughout the world.
“In this unprecedented time, our judges diligently chose finalists who represent the best of the Utah Region. They are entrepreneurs who are thoughtfully working with their teams, their communities and their stakeholders to grow and maintain businesses that positively impact all of us,” said Shawn Goff, Utah Region Program Director. “Now more than ever, we need unstoppable entrepreneurs to inspire innovation, fuel growth and deliver long-term value for their communities and lead us to what’s next.”
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards, to be announced in November during a virtual awards gala. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner will then move on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year? Award in June 2021.
Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners become lifetime members of a global, multi-industry community of award winners, with exclusive, ongoing access to the experience, insight and wisdom of fellow alumni and other ecosystem members in over 60 countries — all supported by vast EY resources.
Utah Region Focus
Each year, EY US showcases successful entrepreneurs from 20 regional competitions across the United States. In 2019, entrepreneurs leading eight companies from the Utah Region were selected as Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners. Past award winners in the Utah Region include: Karl Sun of Lucid Software, Aaron Skonnard of Pluralsight, Jeremy Andrus of Traeger Grills, Crystal Maggelet of FJ Management and Tim Sullivan of Ancestry.com, among others.
For information on the Entrepreneur Of The Year Utah Region program, please visit ey.com/us/eoy/utah_region.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Kauffman Foundation.
In the Utah Region, sponsors also include Diversified Insurance Group, Strong & Hanni Law Firm, Silicon Slopes, Truss and The Community Foundation of Utah.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year?
Entrepreneur Of The Year? is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. Winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year? title. ey.com/us/eoy
About EY Private
As Advisors to the ambitious?, EY Private professionals possess the experience and passion to support private businesses and their owners in unlocking the full potential of their ambitions. EY Private teams offer distinct insights born from the long EY history of working with business owners and entrepreneurs. These teams support the full spectrum of private enterprises including private capital managers and investors and the portfolio businesses they fund, business owners, family businesses, family offices and entrepreneurs. Visit ey.com/private
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organizare information about our organization, please visit ey.com.